Thursday, December 15, 2011

Rod Blagojevich Sentenced to 14 Years In Prison

Former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich was sentenced to 14 years in prison yesterday for attempting to sell the senate seat vacated by Barack Obama.

Rod Blagojevich Image

The unexpectedly harsh sentence came as a result of Blagojevich being found guilty on 18 counts of federal corruption. "I have nobody to blame but myself for my stupidity and actions, words, things that I did, that I thought I could do," he said in court.

Blagojevich is perhaps as well known for his desperate bid for fame as for his crimes. Following his arrest in 2009, the disgraced politician began appearing in commercials and reality shows, including Donald Trump's The Apprentice. He and his lawyers plan to begin the appeal process immediately.

(Photo: WENN)

Read more: http://poponthepop.com/2011/12/rod-blagojevich-sentenced-to-14-years-in-prison/#ixzz1gdnIMT2v

No comments:

Post a Comment