Thursday, December 15, 2011

Kelly Rowland on Pregnancy: "A Watermelon Coming Out of Something the Size of a Lemon is Insane" Read more: http://poponthepop.com/2011/12/kelly-rowland-on-pregnancy-a-watermelon-coming-out-of-something/#ixzz1geujWdjw


Kelly Rowland is known primarily as Beyonce’s BFF and former Destiny’s Child group member in the States, but in the UK, she a judge on The X Factor and not always uttered in the same breath as Bey. Kelly’s on the January 2012 issue of Marie Claire UK, where she looks pretty sexy fierce and discusses her relationship with her father, her career, and how she feels about having kids.
Kelly Rowland Marie Claire coverKelly Rowland naked
On being a judge on The X Factor: What I like is that it’s very organic. What you see is what you get. Nothing is fake. We’ll agree, we’ll disagree and sometimes we have to agree to disagree.

On moving to Houston with her mom to escape her dad:
I was just the kind of kid who could get on with anyone--I talked a lot. I still talk a lot. I remember I’d watch my mom do her job as a nanny and see her bosses with their kids and say, ‘OK, this is a nice life. I want that.’ Seeing how someone else was living put a drive in me.

On seeing her father for the first time in over twenty years:
I do plan on seeing him over the holidays. I’m nervous as hell. I don’t want to think about it. We’ll see what happens.

On whether she’s jealous Beyonce’s pregnant:
No. I will babysit and change a diaper or two, and then give it back. I do want kids, but every time I think about a little person growing inside of me and getting bigger and bigger and then having to come out...a watermelon coming out of something the size of a lemon is insane to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment